Perioperative Nursing Awards Policy
Introduction and purpose
An award may be presented to one or more perioperative nurses in any year, but not necessarily every year, by the NSW Operating Theatre Association Inc. These are in recognition of NSW OTA member’s accomplishments which have broadly impacted on perioperative nursing in the areas of practice, management, education and/or research.
The following processes will be adhered to:
- A public call for nominations of NSW OTA members, will be sent to all NSW OTA members and will include NSW OTA nomination forms for all available categories.
- Individuals may also nominate themselves.
- Nominations will be assessed on the details and evidence supplied within the completed nomination form, in accordance with the assessment criteria.
- Any activities and outcomes utilised as evidence to address each criteria must have occurred within the 12 months prior to the nomination or since the previous award presentation.
- Copies of documentation supporting aspects of the nomination may be included in your submission.
- Incomplete submissions will not be considered.
- An Assessment Panel appointed by the NSW OTA Executive Committee will examine the nominations. The panel will consist of two NSW OTA Committee members (one of whom is the President), and an independent perioperative nurse nominated by the NSW OTA Executive Committee.
- The NSW OTA Executive Committee and the Assessment Panel members will respect confidentiality of all nominations and contents
- Award nomination packages are to be received (in hard copy or electronically) by the NSW OTA Secretariat, PO Box 212, Croydon NSW 2132 by 31 December each year.
- All awards will be presented at the NSW OTA Conference.
- Notifications will be sent to the nursing profession of the award recipients and will be published in the ACORN Journal, the NSW OTA Newsletter ‘Suite Talk’ and the NSW OTA web site.